Guided freeride and ski tours
Take a guided freeride tour with our experienced mountain guides to discover new spots and bag the best lines! The Zailiyskiy Alatau mountains present almost unlimited opportunities for backcountry riding and offer something for everyone, from newbies right through to the most seasoned pros. Whatever it is that floats your boat, we’ll help you find it – couloirs, rock drops, tree runs, or simply untouched fields of the deepest, fluffiest powder. Join a guided tour to find out more about these beautiful mountains, spend time exploring far from pistes, roads and skilifts, and develop your backcountry skills.
Guided tours are a great option for people who can ride confidently on the piste but are new to offpiste riding, as well as for those with years of experience in the backcountry. Our guides will choose routes to match the ability of the group, ensuring your experience will be fun and enjoyable.
In addition to discovering new locations and lines, the programme will help you improve some important skills for backcountry riding:
1. Assessing slopes and choosing the safest routes.
2. Assessing the level of avalanche danger and using avalanche safety equipment.
3. General skills for riding the backcountry in a small group.
4. Techniques for riding on different types of terrain with varying types of snow coverage.
The program can be conducted as a camp or one-day tour (2-3-4 days with accomodation in Almaty) in the following locations (depending on weather and snow conditions):
– Kimasar gorge
– Elik-say freeride spot
– Ak-bulak ski resort
– Shymbulak ski resort
Please contact us to find out detailed information on multi-day programmes
One-day tour cost:
130 € (1-2 participants)
180 € (3-4 people)
The cost includes:
The services of a qualified mountain guide; transfers from Almaty; loan of avalanche safety equipment (beacon, probe, shovel) if needed.
You will need to be:
– confident riding on piste (including the steepest black runs);
– in good physical shape, able to walk for long distances uphill at altitude;
– inspired to develop your skills and abilities – and most importantly to have fun 🙂
You will need:
– Skis with touring bindings, or a splitboard for snowboarders;
– climbing skins for your skis / splitboard;
– Ski poles (folding or telescopic poles for snowboarders);
– Backpack, minimum 30l with straps for carrying your skis or snowboard;
– Warm clothes (waterproof outer shell, fleece, down jacket in case of cold weather);
– Goggles (ideally with lenses for bright and flat light);